BSc animation and Multimedia is basically a 3-year long undergraduate degree course that offers advanced knowledge on multimedia, 2D and 3D animation technology, VFX and more.
Students seeking admission to this course need to qualify the 10+2 level or any other equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized educational board. Students securing at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam are eligible for this course.
Alert: BFIT Group of Institutions Dehradun Admission 2022, Placement, Courses, Fees Structure, Courses
Admission to this course will be done based on the students’ performance in the 10+2 board examination. Some Indian colleges offer direct admission to the BSc Animation and Multimedia course on the basis of the candidate's merit.
Some top-most colleges grant admission on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the aptitude test and personal interview round conducted by the respective colleges.
The course fee for BSc Animation and Multimedia may differ from college to college. However, the average course fee charged by the top colleges offering this course in India ranges between INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000.
After completing this course, the students can pursue higher studies, MA in Animation, and afterwards PhD in Animation Technology.
Those who don’t want to pursue further higher studies can apply for various prospectus job roles in a wide range of fields, such as TV Channels, Media, Publishing Houses, Educational Institute, etc.
After completing this course, depending on the job roles and expertise, the students can expect the average starting salary ranges between INR 1,50,000- INR 2,50,000.
Table of Contents
- BSc Animation and Multimedia Course Highlights
- BSc Animation and Multimedia: What is it About?
- Why Study?
- Admission Process
4.2Top Entrance Exams
4.3How to Prepare forEntrance Exam
4.4How to Get Admission inTopCollege
- Top Collegesin India
- Courses Comparison
- Jobs and Career Options
- Future Scope
Highlights for BSc Animation and Multimedia course are mentioned in the following table:
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Procedure||Merit based. In some cases, entrance exam is required.|
|Examination Type||Semester Based|
|Recruiting Areas||Educational Institutes, IT firms, Media, Advertising, TV Channels, Creative Production Houses, Tourism industry, Private Consultancies etc.|
|Job Profile||Web Designer, Art Director, Graphic Designer, Software Developer, Animation Graphic Artist, Game Developer etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Arena Animation, Prime Focus Technologies, Adpro Media Solutions, Technicolor, Affinity Express and more.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 1,00,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1,00,000 – INR 2,50,00|
BSc Animation and Multimedia: What is it About?
- BSc animation and Multimedia discipline is an under-graduate degree course that helps the students to learn about the modern and advanced study of 2D and 3D animation techniques, areas of visual communication and more.
- Through this course the students can get detailed knowledge on different animation techniques, VFX, digital image processing techniques, digital film producing technology etc.
- The course is perfect for those students who have interest in digital application, animation techniques, visual effects, webpage designing and are passionate to work with national and international blue-chip animation studios and entertainment, gaming companies.
- The course is specially designed to prepare the qualified graduates for various prospective job roles like Web designer, software developer, graphic designer, animation graphic artist, game developer, game tester, art director and more.
- After completing this course successfully, the graduates can have the opportunity to research further on different multimedia designing techniques.
Why Should You Study BSc Animation and Multimedia Course?
BSc Animation and Multimedia course involves the advanced study of graphics, special visual effects, sound effects, software technologies that helps the students to learn how to transform reality into virtual imagination.
- The course can be helpful for the students as it offers in-depth knowledge on multimedia, graphics and animation techniques applicable in web media, game and film industry.
- According to the research, it has been proven that the demand of Animation and Multimedia graduates increased day-by-day. There are many different job roles available for the BSc Animation and Multimedia degree holders, like- Web designer, software developer, graphic designer, animation graphic artist, game tester, game developer etc. in the creative designing field.
- Depending upon their job positions and expertise in the related field of study, they can earn INR 1,50,000- INR 2,50,000 as a starting salary.
What is the Admission Process for BSc Animation and Multimedia?
The admission procedure of BSc Animation and Multimedia courses may differ for different colleges. Most of the institutes grant admission to this course based on the student’s merit in class 10+2 or any other equivalent exams.
However, there are some top-most Indian Institutes, like Birla Institute of Technology, Westford Institute of Film Technology conduct their own aptitude test and personal interview session to grant the admission of the qualifying students.
Merit Based Admission Process:
In merit-based admission procedure, the institutes offering BSc animation and Multimedia discipline grant admission to the students who have secured minimum 50% marks in class 10+2 level or any other equivalent examinations.
The interested candidates need to apply for this course and once the college admission authority approves their eligibility, just pay the requisite admission fee and the admission is done.
Entrance Based Admission Process:
Some top Indian institutes offering BSc Animation and Multimedia course follow the three-step process, such as- screening the application form, qualifying the aptitude test and the final round is a personal interview.
The aptitude test is basically conducted to evaluate student’s merit in different fields, such as general Knowledge, Character design, Visualization skills, storytelling skill through sketching, verbal and non-verbal English reasoning, creative thinking and much more alike.
The entrance-based admission process is as follows:
- The college admission form for this course is available between May-June months in an academic year.
- The interested candidates need to register online through their email ID/ Phone number and password.
- After successful registration, an individual login ID will be created.
- On creation of the login ID, the candidates need to fill up the application form correctly with all required details.
- After that, the candidates need to upload the necessary documents, like 10th and 12th class marksheet and certificate, birth certificate, caste certificate (if required), signature and photographs etc.
- Once the application form submission is done, the applicants have to pay the requisite application fee online.
- Based on their details, the college admission authority shortlisted the eligible candidates for appearing the relevant aptitude tests.
- After qualifying the aptitude test successfully, the qualifying candidates need to appear for a personal interview round and perform well to avail the final selection.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Admission to BSc Animation and Multimedia?
The eligibility criteria to pursue BSc animation and Multimedia Course from the top-most Indian Colleges/Universities is as follows:
- The interested candidates need to pass 10th standard in all subjects including 50% aggregate marks from any recognized educational board.
- Passed Class 12 or any other equivalent exam in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates waiting for the results of the HSC examination are also eligible for this course.
|BSc Agriculture Eligibility||BSc Computer Science Eligibility||BSc Biotechnology Eligibility|
|BSc Psychology Eligibility||BSc Microbiology Eligibility||BSc IT Eligibility|
BSc Animation and Multimedia Entrance Exams in India
- BSc animation and Multimedia course admission criteria varies from colleges to colleges. Most of the institutes grant admission to this course based on the candidate’s score at class 10+2 or any other equivalent examination. There are no such entrance exams required for admission to this course.
- However, few colleges, like BIT Jaipur, VIT Chennai conduct their own aptitude tests for the shortlisted candidates to check their visual imagination and capability, knowledge for this course.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|JET||May 19, 2022||June 23 – 30, 2022|
|NPAT||December 23, 2021 –June 20, 2022||April 1 to June 26, 2022|
|BHU UET||Feb 7 –March 18,2022||May 16 –27,2022|
|SUAT||Fourth Week of May||To be Announced|
|CUET||May 27 –31,2022||July 8, 2022|
How to Prepare for BSc Animation and Multimedia Entrance Exams?
Some top-most colleges offering BSc Animation and Multimedia courses in India, select their students for admission on the basis of performance in the aptitude test and interview round conducted by the college.
- The aptitude test syllabus for this course may vary for different colleges. The test is conducted to check your skills on the topics, like general knowledge, character design, storytelling sketching, visualization skills, creative thinking and more.
- So, it is necessary to have a clear idea on the exam syllabus, its pattern etc. They must have a thorough understanding of the concepts related to animation technology.
- Start practicing mock test papers or previous year question papers on a daily basis. It will help you to crack the test successfully.
- In the personal interview round, the college admission authority tries to judge candidate’s sketching skills, their passion in animation, their visualization, storytelling capabilities and more. So, try to improve your skills.
How to get Admission in a Good BSc Animation and Multimedia College?
Browse through the list of the top-most colleges in India offering BSc animation and Multimedia discipline and prepare a list of target universities and their relevant admission procedure.
- Narrow down the list according to its geographical location, ease access, eligibility criteria, selection criteria, admission fees and more.
- Try to apply in your preferable colleges before the deadline and be prepared for the necessary aptitude test and interview sessions.
What is the BSc animation and Multimedia Syllabus?
The BSc animation and Multimedia discipline syllabus spread over the six semesters in three years. The semester-wise breakup of this course syllabus is mentioned in the following:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Communication and Communication Theories||Introduction to Multimedia Communication|
|Professional Communication and Technical Writing||Animation Techniques|
|Foundation Art I||Design and Modeling|
|Digital Art||Web Technology|
|Business Communication||Classical Animation II|
|Classical Animation I||Advertising and Public Relations|
|Concept Visualization||Foundation Art II|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Animation I||Introduction to Cinematography and Lights|
|Film Analysis||Special Effects|
|Video and Sound Editing||Management Information Systems|
|Visual Effects Design||Communication|
|Principles of Management||Introduction to TV and Satellite|
|Media and Cyber Laws||Post Production|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Communications Research||Visual Perception|
|Media Economics||Digital Film Production|
|Digital Image Processing||Project|
Which Books are Recommended for BSc Animation and Multimedia?
BSc animation and Multimedia Books to Follow
The below mentioned table suggest the most recommended books for BSc animation and Multimedia discipline:
|Gesture Drawing for Animation||Walt Stanchfield|
|Timing for Animation||Harold Whitaker and john Halas|
|Visual Effects and Compositing||Jon Gress|
|The illusion of life||Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas|
Which are the Top BSc Animation and Multimedia Colleges in India?
The below mentioned table provides the details of the top-most Indian colleges offering BSc Animation and Multimedia course:
|Name of the College||City||Admission Process||Average Course Fees|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Jaipur||Merit + Entrance Exam||INR 4,77,000|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||Chennai||Merit Based + Counselling||INR 2,93,000|
|Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology||Bangalore||Entrance exam based||INR 6,84,000|
|Arena Animation||Bangalore||Merit Based||INR 50,000|
|Westford Institute of Film Technology||Pune||Aptitude Test+ Personal Interview||INR 1,00,000|
BSc Animation and Multimedia Top College Comparison
|Parameters||BIT, Jaipur||VIT, Vellore||VIAD, Bangalore|
|Overview||It is a private institute approved by UGC and AICTE, offers UG, PG and Doctorate courses in Science, Management and Computer Application discipline.||One of the best technical universities in India offers UG, PG, integrated and research programs in Applied Science, Technology, Management and Engineering.||The college is affiliated by the University of Mysore and offers diploma, undergraduate, PG programs in art and design discipline.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 with all relevant subjects||10+2 or Diploma with 70% marks in aggregate||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate|
|Admission Process||Merit + Entrance Exam||Merit Based + Counselling||Entrance Exam|
|Average Course Fees||INR 4,77,000||INR 2,93,000||INR 6,84,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 6,50,000||INR 7,00,000||INR 5,00,000|
Which is Better: BSc Animation and Multimedia vs BSc Animation and VFX?
Both BSc Animation and Multimedia and BSc Animation and VFX are similar courses imparting knowledge on different animation techniques, visual effects etc., but still they have some differences. Let’s have a look on them:
Check out the Top BSc Animation and VFX Colleges in India
|Parameter||BSc Animation and Multimedia||BSc Animation and VFX|
|Overview||The course imparts in-depth knowledge on Visualization, Animation, multimedia and more.||The course offers advance learning in 2D and 3D animation, visual effects, CGI technology and more.|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 or any other equivalent exam with 50% aggregate marks from any recognized educational board||Passed 10+2 level from any recognized board|
|Admission Procedure||Merit Based. Entrance Exam for some cases||Merit Based/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Top Colleges||Birla Institute of Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Westford Institute of Film Technology etc.||Lovely Professional University, Global Institute of Gaming and Animation, Indian Institute of Digital Art and Animation, Birla Institute of Technology etc.|
|Job Roles||Web Designer, Art Director, Graphic Designer, Software Developer, Animation Graphic Artist, Game Developer etc.||2D/3D Animator, Multimedia Programmer, Web Designer, Visualizer, Graphic Designer, Game Developer, 3D Modeler etc.|
|Top Recruiting Fields||Educational Institutes, IT firms, Media, Advertising, TV Channels, Creative Production Houses, Tourism industry, Private Consultancies etc.||University, Production Houses, TV Channels, News and Media, Gaming Industry, IT Companies, Creative Firms etc.|
|Average Fees||INR 1,00,000- INR 5,00,000||INR 1,50,000- INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 1,00,000- INR 2,50,000||INR 2,50,000- INR 4,00,000|
What are the Career Options and Job Profiles Available After Completing BSc Animation and Multimedia?
After completing BSc animation and Multimedia course, the graduates will get plenty of prospectus job opportunities in various sectors:
- Students who have completed their BSc degree in Animation and Multimedia program, can avail plethora career opportunities. They can become Web Designer, Graphic Designer, Animation Graphic Artist, Art Director, Software Developer, Game Developer and more.
- The graduates can work in various sectors such as IT firms, Media, Advertising, TV Channels, Creative Production Houses, Tourism industry, Private Consultancies etc.
Some of the most common job roles that a BSc animation and Multimedia degree holders can opt for are mentioned in the following table along with respective job description, annual salary package:
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Graphic Designer||They are responsible for making a wonderful design by assembling different pictures and typography from printed, published, electronic media and more.||INR 2,99,417|
|Web Designer||Their role is to develop a user-friendly, eye-catchy website for different organizations with the help of HTML, Java Script or some other web designing tools.||INR 2,85,000|
|Animation Graphic Artist||An animation graphic artist basically works in TV channels, films and gaming industry as an animated character/cartoon designer. Their role is to make the cartoon character look alive.||INR 3,30,000|
|Art Director||Their responsibility is to manage the creative designers’ team in any advertising, television, film, publishing and gaming industry.||INR 6,35,534|
|Software Developer||In any visual and creative designing firm, the software developer works for designing, installing and maintaining different software systems.||INR 4,63,142|
|Game Developer||The person is hired in the gaming industry to create visual arts and source codes for games.||INR 4,86,961|
What is the Future Scope After Completing BSc Animation and Multimedia Course?
On the completion of BSc Animation and Multimedia course, the graduates can prefer to go for higher studies in the related field of study. The most popular higher education choices after completing this course are as follows:
- MA: After completing this course successfully, the students who are willing to pursue further higher studies in the same educational field, can opt for a 2-year MA course in Animation. This post-graduate degree course provides in-depth knowledge on 2D and 3D animation by using Visual FX, Flash, CGI and any other advanced technologies.
- Ph.D.: If a candidate willing to make further research in the related field of study, they can pursue the 3-year long doctorate course, PhD in Animation technology.
- Competitive Exams: The graduates can also opt for competitive examinations to avail prospective job opportunities in Government sectors.
BSc Animation and Multimedia FAQs
Ques. What is BSc Animation and Multimedia?
Ans. This is a course that helps the students to learn about the different animation technology, visual effects, graphics, video and sound editing applicable for web media, film and gaming industry.
Ques. What is the duration of BSc Animation and Multimedia Course?
Ans. The BSc Animation and Multimedia course is a 3-year long undergraduate course comprising 6 semesters.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for BSc Animation and Multimedia?
Ans. The interested candidates need to secure 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 level in any stream.
Ques. What is the admission process for the BSc Animation and Multimedia course?
Ans. Most of the colleges grant direct admission to this course based on the candidate's score in 10+2 level. However, some top-most Indian universities grant admission on the basis of candidate's performance in aptitude test and personal interview round conducted by the respective college authority.
Ques. Is it expensive to pursue a BSc animation and Multimedia?
Ans. The average course fee for BSc Animation and Multimedia depends on the institute where the candidates want to get admission. The average course fee for the top-most Indian colleges offering BSc animation and Multimedia between INR 1,00,000-INR 5,00,000.
Ques. What career options are available after completing this course?
Ans. Once you complete BSc Animation and Multimedia course successfully, you can get plenty of job opportunities like Software Developer, web designer, graphics designer, art director, game developer, game tester and more in various media, publishing houses, TV channels, gaming industry, IT firms etc.
Ques. What is the average salary that a BSc Animation and Multimedia degree holder receives?
Ans. The average salary package may vary for different job positions and candidate’s expertise in this field. The average starting salary for such degree holders may range between INR 1,00,000- INR 2,50,000.
BSc Animation and Multimedia Salary, Syllabus, Fees 2022? ›
|Average Course Fees||INR 1,00,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1,00,000 – INR 2,50,00|
A career in B. Sc. in Animation or a career in VFX offers quite a number of possibilities as the job scene is quite fertile in India. The scope of animation in India is promising because the program is designed to offer an advanced learning experience and hone their skills.Can I animate after 12th? ›
Type of Animation Courses after 12th
Various colleges offer an Undergraduate or a Diploma course in Animation, and the duration of the course varies from six months to 4 years. If you want to take up Animation as your career path, you can also choose a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts (BFA).
Getting a bachelor's degree from a public university costs about $4,000-$18,000 annually, depending on the location and whether the student is an in- or out-of-state resident. San Jose State University in California, for example, provides a degree in animation, which costs $6,828 annually for in-state tuition.What are the subjects in Multimedia and animation? ›
About B.Sc in Animation and Multimedia
The course deals with, as the name suggests, animation, motion, cinematography, modelling, storyboarding, texturing, visual effects, etc. Through this course, candidates get to learn to work with directors, actors and producers They learn about editing sound, film editing and VFX.
|BSc (Aquaculture)||Aquaculture Consultant||Rs 1.80-10.35 lakh per annum|
|Assistant Technical Manager- Genetics|
|BSc (Biochemistry)||Biochemist||Freshers - Rs 15,000 to Rs 25,000 per month With 1 to 3 Years Experience - Rs 25,000 to Rs 80,000 per month|
Private Jobs For B.Sc Animation Candidates.
|2D Animator||INR 3.1 LPA|
|Game Designer||INR 5.6 LPA|
|Advertisement Designer||INR 3.2 LPA|
|Concept Artist||INR 5.5 LPA|
Animation has come a long way, both as an industry and a form of art. The global animation market is expected to clock a 4.79 percent annual growth rate between 2018 and 2023, reaching a market size of $404.83 billion.Is animation a good career? ›
Animation is a satisfying and lucrative profession and is attracting youngsters in droves towards it. Professionals new to this industry generally work in the capacity of junior animators in animation studios and production houses. The starting pay package of these animators can be in a range or Rs. 10,000 to Rs.Which field is best in animation? ›
A. Animation industry is one of the booming sector these days. It has endless job opportunities in India and abroad. Candidates pursuing Animation course can make there career in Film industry, VFX, Animation Filmmaking, TV industry, Advertisement sector, internet based companies etc.
Does animation cost money? ›
Summing up our first section, an average custom 2D animated video costs $7000 to $20000 per minute. As seen before, there are also cheaper and more expensive options, but this is the price range that you should expect when looking for a quality video.How do animation fees work? ›
If you're looking to get started in the industry, figuring out your weekly rate is simple: multiply your hourly fee by the number of hours you intend to work each week. So, if you set your hourly fee at $45 and want to limit your work week to 30 hours, then your weekly fee would be $1,350.Is animation an expensive course? ›
Earning a bachelor's degree from a public university costs about $4,000-$18,000 per year, depending on the location and whether the student is an in- or out-of-state resident. For example, San Jose State University in California, which offers a degree in animation, costs $6,828 annually for in-state tuition.What is the salary for B.Sc animation? ›
Expected Salary after B.Sc in Animation Course
On average, animation students with less than a year of experience earn around Rs. 20,000 per month. After gaining some expertise, candidates can earn up to Rs. 50,000 per month.
- BA in Animation and Multimedia.
- BSc in Animation.
- BA in Animation and Graphic Design.
- BDes in Animation.
- BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts.
- BSc in Animation and Gaming.
- BSc in Animation and VFX.
ANSWERS (3) Hi, there is no eligibilty criteria as such in terms of education and age for animation courses. One can go for these courses after 10th also. However if you are planning to go for a undergraduate programs like BA/BSc.Which BSc is best for future? ›
- BSc Zoology.
- BSc Botany.
- BSc Physics.
- BSc Chemistry.
- BSc Biotechnology.
- BSc Computer Science.
- BSc Nursing.
- BSc Agriculture.
- BBA. ...
- LLB (Bachelor of Law) ...
- Bachelor in Statistics. ...
- Bachelor in Computer Application. ...
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management. ...
- B.Sc in IT and Software. ...
- B. ...
- Bachelor of Architecture.
- #1 B Sc Agriculture.
- #2 B Sc Horticulture.
- #3 B V Sc (Veterinary Science)
- #4 B Sc Forestry.
- #5 B Sc Biotechnology.
- #9 B F Sc (Fisheries Science)
- # B Sc Nursing (update)
- # B Sc Nautical Science (update)
Yes, an animation degree is worth it for many students. The Bureau of Labor Statistics is projecting 4% job growth for artists and animators over the next 10 years. Common animation careers include art director, animation artist, craft or fine artist, graphic designer, and web developer.
Are animation jobs in demand? ›
Employment of special effects artists and animators is projected to grow 16 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 7,800 openings for special effects artists and animators are projected each year, on average, over the decade.
It's a growing industry projected to hit $270 billion (USD) in 2020* and as an animator, you could be part of that growth. If you're a creative person who enjoys acting and storytelling, then this career might be the right choice for you. Animation isn't always easy, but it's incredibly rewarding.Do animators make good money? ›
BLS data lists the 2017 median pay for animators at $70,530 a year. Glassdoor has the national average a bit higher at $74,000. Like many other fields, compensation for animators also depends on experience: it's not uncommon for senior-level animators or art directors to earn well into six figures.What is the salary of 3D animator in India? ›
Average starting Salary for 3D Animator in India is around ₹1.2 Lakhs per year (₹10.0k per month). 1 year of minimum experience is required to be a 3D Animator. What is the highest salary for a 3D Animator in India? Highest salary that a 3D Animator can earn is ₹7.0 Lakhs per year (₹58.3k per month).What is 3D animation? ›
3D animation refers to the process of taking digital objects and making them come to life by creating the illusion that they're moving through a three-dimensional space. These computer-generated objects appear on a two-dimensional screen, but they're crafted to mimic the principles of a 3D world.Are animators happy? ›
These statistics put animators high on the list of highest occupations when compared to national averages found in the University of Chicago's 2007 "Job Satisfaction in America" survey that identified clergy (67.2 percent) and firefighters (57.2 percent) the top professions where individuals classified themselves as " ...Is animation easy? ›
Let yourself fail: Animation isn't easy, and you're bound to create some bad animations at the start. Remember that all the greats started where you are, see what you can learn from your mistakes, and just keep practicing!How difficult is animation? ›
Animation is a complex process with various styles and approaches, each with its benefits and drawbacks. It's not so much that it's difficult as it is that it takes time. A 5-minute video might take up to many months to develop if you want it to look spectacular.Is there scope for BSc animation? ›
Candidates with BSc Animation get jobs in various sectors of animation and multimedia across the country massively such as Game Designers and 3D Animators in web design, films, Television, Web Designers, and other forms of the interactive media industry.What is BSc animation and multimedia? ›
BSc animation and Multimedia discipline is an under-graduate degree course that helps the students to learn about the modern and advanced study of 2D and 3D animation techniques, areas of visual communication and more.
Which is better animation or multimedia? ›
Difference between Multimedia and Animation :
|2.||Multimedia is integration of various forms of media.||Animation is a variation of multimedia.|
- Animation Supervisor.
- Character Animator.
- Content Developer.
- Free Lancer.
- Graphic Designers.
- Lead Animators for Feature Films or Video Games.
- Senior Technical Artist.